Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Scouting for Books

~ January 05, 2011 ~ 

I went to several bookstores today to buy The Iron King by Julie Kagawa so I can have a taste of her Faery World...Alas! there's none! I will hunt them down some more. BTW, The Iron King and the 2nd book of the Faery World series, The Iron Daughter have some very nice reviews in www.goodreads.com. You may want to check it out if you have not read the books yet before buying it. The 3rd book is coming very soon (February 2011). There is also a free ebook in Faery World's website which is called Winter's Passage. I have downloaded it today as well.



I also scouted for EON by Alison Goodman, since I saw it in the shelves last December 2010..but lo! it's out of stock. I was contemplating whether to buy it because I was thinking that the cover does not say Dragon Eye Reborn. So I was taken aback~ anyway, it's still in my wish list and I still don't know if it is different with the EON: Dragoneye Reborn (hardbound cover). But I know for certain that there is EONA, the second book to the EON. BTW, both of the cover designs are amazing! My friend apprehended me in looking for a book with amazing designs, he said it should NOT be that way (Do not judge the book by its cover, as the saying goes) but, I still love book covers!


So, I thought, this was a bad day for me~ I was almost out of luck, that is. But when I got to BookSale (a famous book store for used  and mint condition books, I found the Golden Compass paperback, which I was thinking of buying a long time ago~~so I bought it only for P110 and a nice The 4th Garfield Fat Cat 3Pack which made my day! Mind you, I am so easy to be pleased! So I went home and was glad about this day. I am thinking of covering it with my sticky plastic cover~ (I love it! It makes my book cover glossy and sturdy- and you can't figure out easily that it has a plastic cover)~~ perhaps I'll teach you how to cover books some other time~~ so ciao, I'll just be playing Fishdom first, then grab something to eat and later on, read Eragon~ aww..I haven't finished it yet. 



~ back to homepage ~

No comments:

Post a Comment